As a manufacturing company, HUMMEL is conscious of its responsibility in the field of environmental protection. We take a responsible attitude to dealing with natural resources for granted.
In Germany, beyond the legal requirements, there is also plenty of room for manoeuvre for companies' own initiative in the field of environmental protection. All the same, for an enterprise this must make economic sense, or at least be bearable.
At HUMMEL there are specially qualified technicians who take care that various guidelines are adhered to.
The individual declarations on ROHS conformity and on the REACH Regulation can be found here...
At our factories in Germany, the following environmental protection or energy saving measures, to mention a few, have been introduced:
- By means of a waste water treatment plant, after electroplating surface treatment, 100% of the water can be led off into the sewage system.
- The oil mist which is created during metal removal is purified via a filter system and the exhaust air can then be released into the environment.
- A heat recovery system uses the waste heat from the plastic injection moulding machines and the compressors in order to heat the production facilities in Denzlingen in winter.
- HUMMEL is developing to order a temperature regulator for bio-diesel vehicles.
- An energy saving plan is worked out for all new buildings.
- For the field of metal removal, there is a recycling plan. This way the waste material can be recovered.